Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'll be going to school in New York City this spring and would like any advice that you guys may have. Thanks!

make sure no 1 trys 2 hurt you (it happened to a friend of mine) but other than that go explore and have a great time!!I'll be going to school in New York City this spring and would like any advice that you guys may have. Thanks!
Go to a Broadway show, especially Phantom of the Opera. It's totally worth it!!I'll be going to school in New York City this spring and would like any advice that you guys may have. Thanks!
I went to school in NYC at age 17.


Hmmm.





1.The subway is not as scary as you may think. Get a metrocard for the month.


2. There are a lot of Jewish people in NYC %26amp; they like to ask you if you are Jewish also (I didn't know this).


3. You are going to eat a lot of bagels (I hadn't ever had that before either) and if you are living in a dorm, apples. bagels and apples, bagels and apples.


4. Say ';hi'; and ';thank you'; to the NYpd %26amp; fd. when you see them, they appreciate it.


5. spend as much time as you can walking the streets, there is nothing like walking, free, down a street in NY in summer, winter, any season is great. fall is great season for museums. .
What school? High school or college?





Anyway seriously, be yourself.





Everyone always say that, but in NYC you can actually do it.





I go to high school here and I have all my life and its great. Don't be scared about the subway, being alone at night. I've never had a problem with it at all. Anyway, if your coming in the spring, you must be a foreign exchange student. If you have any specfic questions, feel free to ask.
New YOrk City is great. I've lived here all my life. As long as you mind your own business and don't butt into anyone elses business no one will bother you and antoher thing, don't act up, that brews trouble. I'm in high school and through out all my years going to school in n.y.c, I haven't had any problems.
learn ebonics
Hi!


You would visit the Washington square in New York, It's really cool and the best of all there is situated the New York university.
carry mace
do not get pregnant, or get anyone pregnant.
Go on Broadway and see everything....my favorite Phantom of the Opera....I have seen it like 5 times there....4 times front row center....Oh also Les Mes, oh Beauty and Beast is good too! I liked Cats, but they are not there anymore. Visit everything....there is so much for you to do!
Make a budget for yourself. NYC can be expensive, and as a new student here it is very easy and tempting to burn through all your parents' money in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment